Watch the Democracy Now interview. “As the African National Congress voted Thursday to support the Palestinian call for boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel known as BDS, we look at a new film that examines the apartheid analogy commonly used to describe the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. “Roadmap to Apartheid” is narrated by Pulitzer Prize-winning Alice Walker and puts archival footage and interviews with South Africans alongside similar material that shows what life is like for Palestinians in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and inside Israel. The documentary has just been released to the public after a year-long film festival run, where it won numerous awards. We are joined by its co-directors, South African-born Ana Nogueira and Israeli-born Eron Davidson, both longtime journalists. [includes rush transcript]
- Gulf activists reject Saudi-Israeli "flirtation" at Davos
- Video: Democratic leadership hopeful flees questions on Israeli abuses
- Video: "They came to conquer"
- Israel's shadowy role in Guatemala's dirty war
- Music that narrates the plight of a generation
- Are US labor unions finally speaking out on Palestine?