Watch the Democracy Now interview. “As the African National Congress voted Thursday to support the Palestinian call for boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel known as BDS, we look at a new film that examines the apartheid analogy commonly used to describe the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. “Roadmap to Apartheid” is narrated by Pulitzer Prize-winning Alice Walker and puts archival footage and interviews with South Africans alongside similar material that shows what life is like for Palestinians in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and inside Israel. The documentary has just been released to the public after a year-long film festival run, where it won numerous awards. We are joined by its co-directors, South African-born Ana Nogueira and Israeli-born Eron Davidson, both longtime journalists. [includes rush transcript]
- Why won't Israel treat imprisoned woman with severe burns?
- Congressman says US detention of Palestinian activist is "inhuman act"
- The fear I learned during Cast Lead has never left me
- Israeli military court refuses to release Ahed Tamimi
- Haunted by the horrors of Cast Lead
- Trump cut causes "worst financial crisis" in UNRWA history