We worked on this video with Roger Waters of Pink Floyd. Its a tribute to the people of Gaza. In his words – “Over the new year 2009-2010, an international group of 1500 men and women from 42 nations went to Egypt to join a Freedom March to Gaza. They did this to protest the current blockade of Gaza. To protest the fact that the people of Gaza live in a virtual prison. To protest the fact that a year after the terror attack by Israeli armed forces destroyed most of their homes, hospitals, schools, and other public buildings, they have no possibility to rebuild because their borders are closed. The would be Freedom Marchers wanted to peacefully draw attention to the predicament of the Palestinian population of Gaza. The Egyptian government, (funded to the tune of $2.1 billion a year, by us, the US tax payers), would not allow the marchers to approach Gaza. How lame is that? And how predictable! I live in the USA and during this time Dec 25th 2009-Jan3rd 2010 I saw no reference to Gaza or the Freedom March or the multi national protesters gathered there. Anyway I was moved, in the circumstances, to record a new version of ” We shall overcome”. It seems appropriate.
- Video: Activists protest Israel booth at Paris VivaTech
- Israel's high court blesses killing and maiming of Gaza protesters
- Israel may force Bedouins to live beside garbage dump, says court
- Children in Israeli detention suffer scars for life
- Video: Israel targets journalists in Gaza
- Watch: How Israel's highest court enables human trafficking